Frequently asked questions:
- Who’s invited? Ladies only! Dudes are welcome to come to the big show on Saturday night and watch us strut our stuff. Ladies need to be 16 or older (with supervision for under 18).
- Do I need to be proficient with Hooping or Yoga? NO! Virgins welcome!
- Do I have to have my own hoop to come? No way! If you have a hoop, bring it! There will be a few hoops for sale in the boutique which will likely work for you.
- How do I sign up? Click here to register —> https://hottiehoopcamp.com/sign-me-up-stat-2/
- Do I have to pay all of it now? Yup, we have early bird tickets until they sell out. Housing is limited. If you wait too long, no problem, buy an everything but the bed pass and stay at a local hotel.
- How do I connect with folks to share a hotel room? After you register, you will be added to the super sly private facebook group. There, you can reach out the HHC community for ride sharing, room sharing, etc. We also have a travel ambassador to help ease the travel anxiety.
- I have special food requirements, what do I do? Please let us know of any allergies. Meals will be vegetarian but if there is something you need or desire for your eating habits, please bring it with you.
- I don’t have a lot of friends, wanna make new ones but I’m scared about sharing a bed. Do I have to share??? Well no! Register early and you can call one of the twin bunk beds for sure. If you wrangle a friend into going or change your mind about sharing, we can switch things around later. Notice the trend here, early registration gets the u-call it experience. 🙂 You can also choose to get an everything but the bed pass and stay at the neighboring hotel, then you have all the room your heart desires.
- Where is this place? Surfside Beach is southwest of Galveston. It is roughly an hour away from Houston. Traffic can be a bitch, so we strongly encourage showing up for the opening circle.
- Who inspires your moves and who have you trained with, Punk Rock Hoops, LLC? Rowan and Blythe are both Punk Rock Hoop, Hoopnotica, BodyHoops and HoopChi certified. We have studied with The Hoop Path, The Hoop Technique, HoopGirl instructors, Miss Rosie, Khan Wong, Brecken Rivara and Lara Eastburn & Droo Martin. We constantly attend trainings and master classes in order to keep it fresh. In addition to our extensive hoopdance training, you will see our Nia trainings (Blue Belts) infused in our offerings. We feel so confident in our abilities that we now offer our own Teacher Training. It not only teaches people to be a hoop instructor but we show you how to launch a hoop teaching (or any kind really) biz! What the what? Yup! AND recently, Blythe has been invited as a black belt hoop pather to take the training upon it’s launching, we are super honored for this invitation.
It’s something more than the deliciously catered three meals a day, cozy beach house accommodations, and long lineup of out-of-the-box classes. ~ L. Eastburn
Miss you all! i was so bummed that i had to make my own breakfast yesterday morning… 🙂 xo
Variety and quality of class offerings, that we all LIVE together, that it’s on the beach!, that we get the chance to play with FIRE, that EVERYONE is extremely supportive of each other, that ‘problems’ are solved professionally and QUICKLY, THE FOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!
SO many things to love about HHC! I loved the close knit vibe of equality and dress up collaborations. Loved the Altered Couture classes and discussion classes regarding making videos/photos that shine. Super rad! It was super chill that it was at the beach, my favorite place to be. Most of all I loved being close to Blythe & Rowan. You gals just make my heart sing.
There’s something different and truly magical happening at this hooping event where the goal is not learning or perfecting more “tricks”, but gathering hooping ladies together in a celebration of how fabulous we are. Hottie Hoop Camp’s whole-body approach to the weekend is a formula that highlights self-acceptance and self-love and wraps it all up within the warm embrace of true community and the joy of hooping.
The food, the classes, how well the lack of a big bonfire/burn was handled. All in all it was an amazing retreat, and I wouldn’t trade any of those memories for the world.
SUCH fond memories of my first HHC. I think of you all daily 🙂
Well, just about everything. I loved the connections that I made with wonderful, strong women that are truly individuals & the size acceptance aspect. I loved seeing the wealth of creativity that the Hotties posses: Vendor boutique, talent show, creating your look, and altered couture. I loved the classes: Altered Couture (so fun), Shooting LED (awesome ideas), Trey’s class (what an amazing personal story/journey), etc. The last hurrah of hoop church – so moving. The beach. Late night LED hooping. The food – so yum. I am sure there is more but that was off the top of my head.
When I woke up this morning, George said I was talking in my sleep. He quoted “sexy hoop girlie”. Hottie Hoop Camp took over my dreamscape – Awesome!!!